is it weird that im excited?

to go into labor??

not because i want my pregnancy to be over, i just cant wait its exciting and im not fearing it at all...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is a very exciting thing. you are about to be a mommy!! its good to be excited.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I was excited too. and the whole labor and delivery process was totally exciting too, exhausting but exciting
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• good for you! If its weird so what?! Its better than being afraid =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Nope. I was excited to. And I thought it was the most wonderful, amazing, miraculous experience any woman could ever have, and I felt sorry for people who don't experience it in their lifetime, including men :P
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No its not weird...I think the majority of people are excited to go into labor:)
    Anonymous

• Great attitude! Good for you! The positive thoughts may well help it all go better. Way to go, Girl!

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i wasnt excited about the labor part but i was excited to meet my baby boy :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Its exciting, you are bringing a life into this world!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 5:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• nope, not weird at all. I am looking forward to labor and delivery. I am so excited! I am having a home birth and can't wait. No driving during labor, no dealing with other people. It will be wonderful and peaceful and spiritual. everything birth should be!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I don't think it's weird. I've been excited about labor and birthing since before I got pregnant. I agree with previous posters that this is the most beautiful, amazing, and wonderful thing that we can do with our bodies, and I feel sad that some people cannot have this experience. Being a woman is a beautiful thing and giving birth is the ultimate exhibition of our power and strength.

I think it's great that you are looking forward to your birthing in a positive light. It's hard to keep a great attitude and positive vibes flowing when the majority of women around you have such negative experiences to share. It's unfortunate that pregnancy and birthing tend to bring out the worst in some women. For those types, it's all about who endured the most traumatic and painful experience, as if they are going to get a medal of honor for "surviving the ordeal". It doesn't have to be that way. You are in charge of your birthin

HappyGrl06

Answer by HappyGrl06 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2009