My baby is 2 months old and i am starting to get anxiety. I feel tightness in my chest and shakey all day. Why?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you sure that it is anxiety? If it is then you should probably see someone about it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• May be from hormones regulating.....do you have any release-like hobbies, time for yourself, or has it been baby busy since the birth?
    Anonymous

• Could possibly be PPD. Consult your DR about the changes you are going through. Your Doctor will know better than anyone what you need to get your body back to the way it was pre-baby. Your body goes through ALOT of hormonal and chemical changes while pregnant and goes through an even bigger change once you have your child.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 5:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I agree with MyMayBaby... you may be developing PPD. Go talk to your doctor. He (or she) can help figure out what the problem is.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I've got those feelings of anxiety and insomnia too, so I contacted my midwife and she prescribed me some antidepressants. Those didn't help me though, so after visiting psychologist few times I stopped the medication and got better. I was told the big part of this PPD was the hormonal imbalance, which usually goes away after 12 weeks - it was like that in my case, it's almost like I snapped out of it "overnight." I still get anxious sometimes, but it's much milder and I am able to handle it better. The hormones are the strongest the first 2 months. If you don't feel better soon, talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Also, exercise helps that too, but definitelly talk to your doctor, its' "normal" and it will go away.
    katy1980

Answer by katy1980 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009