Crib recommendations

I am pregnant with twins and starting to look for cribs. Luckily, both sets of parents offered to buy one. I found a few at Target that I like, but my MIL says they aren't nice enough and a "good" crib should cost like $400. That seems excessive to me, but I really don't know enough to say!
Any crib recommendations? We like the darker woods (espresso) and convertible if possible.
Thanks!

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 5:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got my dd a crib for my grandson at Walmart. Its a darker wood and converts to a toddler bed and frame for a reg bed later. I think we paid less then $200 for it. You should check them out.

Answer by gemgem at 5:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Congratulations! I was looking at some cribs priced over $1000 when I was pregnant and when the sales girl started telling me they had a 20 yer warranty I really wondered why that was necessary. You only use cribs for a couple of years tops (well, a little longer with convertibles), so unless you plan on having a ton of kids I wouldn't bother with the high dollar ones. Also, some people find that they don't really like the cribs "converted" and end up getting something else when the baby out grows the crib. So, in my opinion you should get something you like, but you don't have to spend that much unless you really need it to last a long time.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Oops! I meant year, not yer!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I bought this one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3245139
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I got my son one at walmart. It was a 3 in 1. Meaning it goes from crib, to toddler bed, to full size bed. HUGE money saver! I don't think the price is anything special. Although, check at Babies R Us, they have some VERY nice ones.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We got ours at Walmart. It was like 120 and it is a 4 in 1 crib toddler bed daybed and full size headboard and I like it better than ones that I have seen for over 200. It also has a trundle drawer under for storage.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009