How do I know my DD is getting the proper amount of stimulation?

It may be paranoia, but I want to make sure that she's doing well. I sing to her ALL of the time, show her pictures, just let her sit in my lap while I'm at the computer, talk to her while she's laying down on my bed or somewhere else, and she has a few baby toys that she likes to play with. How do I know she's getting the right amount of stimulation or even the right kind? She's an EXTREMELY happy baby, hardly ever fusses, and laughs and giggles a lot. Sometimes, though, she looks "bored". :( I want her to grow up to be smart, and do all the things babies are supposed to do at the "right" times. Any suggestions or comments are helpful, thanks! ;) Oh, she's 3 months old...

Lillysmomma1024

Asked by Lillysmomma1024 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is happy like you say then you are doing great mama!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• 1) There is no "right" time...they will do things when they are ready to do them. You can't make it happen.

2) If she's happy, you're doing GREAT!!!

3) Everybody needs a little down time, so don't think she has to be entertained 24/7.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2009