did this work for you for going into labor

im not pregnant but i didnt know where wlse to put this but pregnancy, but i remember when i was pregnant my MIL told me that her friend walked up and down flights of stairs for like 2 hours and went into labor. maybe it wasnt 2 hours but it was awhile! did anyone try this?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 5:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It only works if your body is ready for labor.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I didnt try that but I tried about everything else lmao. Walking, taking bumpy rides down a dirt road, walking lol, sex, nipple stimulation, and just everything. Nothing worked. I learned from that babies will come when they want to.

Answer by gemgem at 5:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I was overdue by 2 weeks..my husband walked my butt off trying to get me to go into labor before the 31st of Dec. All I got was exhausted.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yeah i heard someone ate a pound of shrimp and went into labor in an hour! i tried evening primrise oil to ripen my cervix, sex, walking and nipple stimulation but it didnt work
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• If your body is showing signs of pre-labor (loose stools, loss of mucus plug, more frequent braxton hicks etc) and you're coming close to your due date, yes, walking absolutely helps. I walked a mile to the Chiropractors and back (and got adjusted while I was there) and went into labor the next morning. To help speed up your labor process, they'll have you walk around the hospital too.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009