Need dental advice on getting ARESTIN treatment

I'm scheduled to begin Perio-Scaling on Monday and my dentist office suggested including the very expensive uncovered ARESTIN treatment along with it. They also said that if I couldn't afford the $1,990 that it would cost (what SAHM can?) that I should at least do the Perio-Scaling since ARESTIN is new and was not performed many years ago on patients. Is this ARESTIN treatment going to make the difference in my treatment success?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• I'm a dental hygienist. It will be the hygienist that places the arestin. It is not mandatory that you have the arestin placed.
    My advice to all of my patients is to stay on your periodontal maintainance schedule religously. I see my perio patients every 3 months. Once you have periodontal disease it never really goes away but it can be kept under control - think about like a diabetic has to keep their blood sugar under control. Brush at least twice a day for 5 minutes each time and floss at least once a day.
    Tell the hygienist that you would like to wait until your maintainance visit before you decide to have any arestin placed. It's usually placed in pockets that are 5mm or more deep. Ask to see the periodontal readings. I've seen some offices want to place arestin everywhere.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• http://www.arestin.com/for-patients.jsp check out this website........
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I wish I knew hopefully I wont get prescribed this,I'm suppose to get half the work done.so its gonna cost me $1000 to get all four quadrants done plus the maintenance.
    Anonymous