I've been reading answers in other outlets and this "lets all be friends" isn't gonna work....

I know lot of liberals voted for Obama saying "he is The ONE who can bring us ALL together." Really? Cuz I don't see it happening. I think he might be just as much, if not more, of a polorizing force than Bush! Every news outlet I go to (fox, msn, cnn) the comments on the stories show MAJOR fighting. Those for and against this man are pretty strongly opnionated. AND he did not win by a landslide in the popular vote, so heralded by the dems! Do you really think this man is capeable of bringing people together? He seems to go further left by the day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he's trying and we should all just give him a chance. It's only been two days after all. Republicans in Congress don't like his economic plans so he has asked to meet with them so that he can hear their suggestions. He's kept on some high level Republicans in his cabinet. I know he has done a few things right off that are very liberal, but you can't expect his first act as president to be something that will alienate his own party. I think in time he'll move more center and I think he is open to hearing the right wing point of view.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• President Obama will keep the broken promises made by President Bush to rebuild New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. He and Vice President Biden will take steps to ensure that the federal government will never again allow such catastrophic failures in emergency planning and response to occur.
    President Obama swiftly responded to Hurricane Katrina. Citing the Bush Administration's "unconscionable ineptitude" in responding to Hurricane Katrina, then-Senator Obama introduced legislation requiring disaster planners to take into account the specific needs of low-income hurricane victims. Obama visited thousands of Hurricane survivors in the Houston Convention Center and later took three more trips to the region. He worked with members of the Congressional Black Caucus to introduce legislation to address the immediate income, employment, business, and housing needs of Gulf Coast communities.

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• This is the crap Obama put on the whitehouse.gov website on Jan.20 and he wants US to unite. His trickle down theory of bipartisanship is working, very well.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I get what you are saying beck. But you sound reasonable.....most people don't. It's CRAZY. Both sides. from the ones who think he is the Antichrist to the ones that think he is Christ! I just don't think he will be bringing folks together. He seems to bring out the worst on BOTH sides!!

Anonymous

• Not going to happen - the pendulum is swinging way to far in either direction. The only way everyone will come together and sing John and Yoko songs is if the next president and the one after that are true moderates and bring it all back to center. Problem is, being a true moderate alienates the die hard fanatical and irrational half of the base, no matter what party is involved.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• There are some mad and paranoid people who will never unite. It doesn't mean what he will do . Some people will never be happy with him. They are just waiting for him to fail .How unpatriotic is that??????
    I personally hope he will be a good President and make U.S. BETTER PLACE.
    Anonymous

• Nope this will be the President that divides our country more than any other.Hope the next one can fix it or there will be no hope.

But I also believe it is the people too.On both sides!Everybody wants it their way(even the liberals)so there will never truly be peace or people getting along.

Our freedom can be a curse as well as a blessing!
    Anonymous

• The Lord God Almighty Himself could be our POTUS and people are never going to unite. We will have people who come together and there will be others who choose to go the other route. You cannot force anyone to see what they choose not to or to go against his/her own beliefs. You can only hope that people will see the greater good and it has nothing to do with the POTUS. It has to do with coming together as a nation to better ourselves. The POTUS can only do so much without people holding themselves and others accountable.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I ditto akinbottom! There is more division now. And Nobama's VP jestor Biden isn't helping! There is division between them as well. Did anyone see Biden bashing the Supremem Court Justice and how NObama was pissed at him?! Shaping up to be a more divided nation from the pres to his vp all the way down hill!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 6:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Anon 5:01, about as unpatriotic as folks were against Bush when he was President!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 6:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009