December 12, 2012..The end? Believers in God the creator please.

I don't think it is. I think in 2012 is when there will be "One world leader" after Obama's presidency is up. I think they will make one world leader so the nations will "unite" and then it will be the "beginning" of the end. Obama already has a plan to bring peace between all the countries and is already speaking of "One world leader"and that it is a time to prepare for the end in which we will not know the exact date...So does anyone agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• december 21 2012 is when the MAYANS said it would end. they didnt believe in our God. even the bible says no one will be able to predict when the end will come. i dont think we will be able to have 1 world order in 4 years
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I said I think that is when they will start the One world order thing.
    Then from there we will see the signs as the bible predicted.
    Anonymous

• well like the poster above said, the mayan calendar says that in that day, the earth will be pulled towards the sun.
    astrologists have said that that may happen.
    however, the bible does say that the end will start when all the nations are united, but not necessarily by one world leader. it can be that we're all united by using the same type of money. like, the euro is used all around europe, there may be a time when the entire world uses the same coin.
    bibiyd

Answer by bibiyd at 6:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• First of all, we cannot have one world leader at that date because Obama's presidency doesnt technically end until inaguration of a new president in January of 2013 and who knows, he may be re-elected. Just because people thought the world was going to end at the Millenium, doesnt mean it did. It didnt end on 01-01-01 either or 02-02-02 or 03-03-03 or etc.. and it isnt going to end on 12-12-12!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Nothing is going to happen in 2012. God also tells us he will come like a thief in the night and there will be many false prophets and men claiming to know when the end is coming but theyd be wrong. Thats all 2012 is.

Answer by gemgem at 6:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I've posted on this before. I do not think 2012 is the end of the world. I do think we may have a big solar storm around that time, like scientists are predicting. This next solar storm could be the biggest ever, but that doesn't mean the end of the world. I does mean that in worst case scenario global communications could be nearly impossible for a few months due to satellites in space being damaged or destroyed by solar flares. We may see some really cool auroras in the skies, like were reported in different areas during the last major solar storm. The Bible does say that NO man shall know the day nor the hour. So no, I don't think the world is going to end December 21, 2012 like many have said.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I don't believe there will be a one world leader and I don't believe the end of the world is the 12 of December, 2012 either. The bible says that no one will know when God comes back and too many people think that's the day. So it's not.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Dec 21 2012 is the end of the Mayan calendar. Which is not a big deal in and of itself- our calendar ends every year on Dec 31st and then recycles to the beginning. Mayans themselves viewed this as the end of a 'great age' not as the end of the world.

As for world government, unless some nation conquers by force I do not see the formation of a world gov't anytime soon. Who would lead it? I'm a Canadian... we're the US's next door neighbour and ally and I can tell you we do not want to be governed by the US! So how much harder would it be to govern everyone, including nations with totally opposing ideologies?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• This date is not mentioned in the bible, so I'm not sure why you're getting all bent out of shape. Jesus said that no one knows the date of his return or the end of the world, save the father. 12/21/12 is the end of the Mayan calendar. That's all. Do you also have a panic attack every Dec. 31st because the Julian calendar is coming to an end? Of course not. Please, please, please, drop this end of the world crap. (Roll eyes in frustration)
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i think/hope that its just because the mayans got tired of writing calendars. i mean, numbers are infinite, ya gotta stop somewhere, right?
    lol
    and i totally agree that we will never be able to predict it, based on what Jesus told his followers asking about the return of Christ.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009