What does it mean if a real estate listing goes inactive?

A house that we are looking at went from active to inactive on a real estate website, what does that mean? Thanks!

(I know it's not JFF, but there wasn't really a good place for the question)

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 6:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can answer this! I'm a real estate agent. So, if a listing goes inactive, it can be for many different reasons. The listing contract could have expired and it is no longer for sale with the agent. It could mean that they decided to pull it from the market or withdrew it. It could mean that they cancelled the contract with the agent. It could mean that they put the contract on hold and decided to take it off until a later date. It could also mean that their realtor is making changes to listing such as price and has taken it off the market to make those changes and isn't too quick to put it back on. Are you working with an agent? They could call and find out exactly what is going on. It doesn't cost buyers anything to work with an agent and it really is in their best interest. Good luck!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i think i has something to do with the realtor. the homeowner and the realtor only have a certain amount of time to sell, its like a contract. once that time is up then they have to start over. the house is most likely still for sale but the realtor couldnt sell it for them. i may be wrong but im pretty sure thats what it means
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I wish you all the best with your house hunting!
    Ours was a wonderful, terrific experience that was relatively pain-free. And this is our very first home! We plan on living here forever so it is also our last home...LOL.
    We had an awesome network of people working for us - the realtor, mortgage broker, and lawyer. Even the inspectors were pleasant and nice.
    I hope you have a positive experience, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:07 AM on Jan. 24, 2009