So I am not very religous, Im not real into politics, I have very mixed opinions on things, but one thing I do feel is that man kind goes about life all wrong, anyone else feel this way?

I feel God has a purpose for every life that he creates,and I also feel that anymore people look over the fact that we are here for a reason and then die. I'm not sure wether a lot of people really stop to think about how we should just enjoy life while we are here. There is so much hatred in the world, racism, violence, control, power and the worst is wealth. WHY? Why does it matter when we are all going to die, and what happens after death has nothing to do with what you did while you were alive. I'm sure there is none of this in heaven, because I'm sure God would not let it IN to heaven. Sometimes I feel like we are being pushed through life,and I just want to stop and enjoy it, its like from the time we are born people are contemplating our death, I mean the government has a dollaer VALUE of a persons life,come on now! Do you ever wish our world was different?If you could prepare a speech for the world what would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Love one another! Like the song goes 'Lean on me! When your not strong and I'll be your friend."
    If all of us had that mentality the world would be a better place. Do you really need that new Coach bag? Or could you help out that friend that needs a new set of tires? Do you really need to eat out every night? Or could you use at least 1/2 of that money to donate to a food bank?
    Why has everyone got to the point that it's 'Every man for himself'? What about brother and sisterhood? If I cut my arm and then cut your arm, does it not both bleed red?
    If you could look inside my heart, would you look like me?
    2kidsonly2arms

Answer by 2kidsonly2arms at 7:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Learn to appreciate life, as a child appreciates their favorite toy. When a neighbor is sick, bring him some soup, when another is hungry, invite them to dinner. When a neighbor steals food because nobody would give him a job, and he can't feed his family.. offer to help him get a job... even if it's just mowing the lawn for some food. When we forget to do these things, we forget who are neighbors are. When we forget who are neighbors are, we forget how to truly care for others. When we forget that, we become self-absorb, spiteful, and full of hate... and we forget who are friends are.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I agree very much... it's part of why I am a Buddhist, because that philosophy stresses appreciating and fully living in the moment, and recognizing that ultimately we are not islands unto ourselves, we are connected to everyone else on earth. It is too easy to chase our own thoughts in circles and miss what is right under our noses. It's amazing to me how much more I appreciate my kids now that I have embraced this philosophy... when I was pg with my youngest I worried constantly, when he was a baby I was always pushing for the next stage, the next milestone. My third child was my first child as a Buddhist, and I enjoyed it so much more because I recognized that I should enjoy my pregnancy every moment because worry is futile and I still take more time to sit and experience my child as she is now, because tomorrow she will be someone new.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think that when the extraterrestrial race that implanted us here comes back to check on us and finds us indulging in wanton destruction of the planet and primative superstitions like "god", they are going to leave us in our filth to die. But, other than that, I'm pretty optimistic.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think that when the extraterrestrial race that implanted us here comes back to check

OMG! She;s C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

This reply explains a lot *rolling eyes and rolling on floor! LOL!!!!

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2009