My step sons birthday party is coming up soon, and hes going to be 4. Other kids of all different ages are going to be there, so I planned a transformers movie (to go along with the transformers theme) and cake and lunch. What else can I do to make this party really great!??!?! I would say water fun outside but I already sent out some invites and didn't include that on the invite. Any ideas?!?!?

belamommy

Asked by belamommy at 11:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well if you want water fun you could call and tell people, or if they are RSVP you could tell them then. Most parents won't mind if their kid gets wet long as you have towels. It is summer time. have fun!
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 11:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Having a party where the kids watch a movie and they are all different ages isnt a bad idea, but the younger ones may get distracted during the show. I would keep the theme and call all the people you invited, and let them know that you have decided to take advantage of the warm weather and let the kids play outside in the sprinkler, or kiddie pool. You can make it fun by passing out cheapie water guns in the gift bags. Have the kids bring their own towels so that you wont have to spend all afternoon washing yours. Have fun at the party!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 3:13 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with tartac a movie is a bad idea with 4 year olds! We just had an awesome swimming party with my 4 year olds! we bought a big 10 x 6 blow up pool, a slip and slide and a baby pool. and then i had 3 games to play where they got tickets and had to count them to buy their prizes!
    Yes i know it sound like a bunch of work but really it wasn't.
    they played one sided corn hole, dropped clothes pins into mason jars and then threw baseballs at soda cans. i went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of little things like balls, hair ties, bubbles, any thing that i could find (you have boys, i had girls) go with what ever you want.

so they all ran and ran and ran for 2 hours. I got some nice comments on how busy they were the entire time and how well they slept that night!! i also have a swingset for them too.
    hope this helps!
    Have FUN!!!!
    gravytwingles

Answer by gravytwingles at 7:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2008