Is it ok to crush on another person while married

There is this next door neighbor who is in his 4o's and a detective whom, I think I like. I am 22 btw. I am happily married though. Is it ok to feel like this. Also should I tell my hubby or keep it to my self.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• This is a dumb question!
    Anonymous

• Its not a dumb question! Its okay to have crushes. I have a few myself. Just as long as you dont act upon it! I tell my fiancee everything! lol. If he is the jealous type maybe not.
    Anonymous

• I guess...maybe that was harsh calling it a stupid question. Crush all you want, but then you need to understand if your husband has a couple secret crushes himself:)

Relationships are based on trust and more importantly RESPECT. I don't think you are really respecting your DH if you have another person in mind. JMO.
    Anonymous

• its ok to have a crush as long as you leave it as an innocent crush. if you act on it, then yeah its probably wrong. as for anon that says its a dumb question you must be a very immature person. if you dont like the question then dont answer it. gosh some people are so rude. if you are going to be rude then at least dont HIDE behind the anon option. i am so sick of MOTHERS of all people being rude on all these questions that are being asked. is this really the example we are setting for our children? gosh i hope not
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Okay SThompson21-I wrote again and said okay maybe that was harsh calling it a dumb question and I gave her a real answer to her question.

Also, don't read my replies if you don't like them...
    Anonymous

• I'd look at your relationship and review it- are you really happy? And if so- a little "crush" is no big deal. I'd keep it to your self- no reason to put strain on your marriage. If you really feel like its more than a crush you might want to get some counseling. I am not saying its a problem but it could become one. Also I don't think your a psycho or anything- when I was talking about counseling... counseling could be great for many thing. Good luck.

alinzasmommy

Answer by alinzasmommy at 6:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• phew. thought i was alone!
    Anonymous

• I dont think its okay to crush necessarily because to me that means there are more feelings behind it than there should be, but it is okay to admire from afar. I think you are okay. I take it by the way you asked there is not more feelings behind it, you love your husband and are happy...so if I am reading you right I think its okay:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 6:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• crush away!! just don't act on it.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 6:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It's normal !!! Very !!! lol It's okay just don't act on it. And DO NOT TELL YOUR HUSBAND!!!!
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009