did getting cathetar hurt or taken out hurt during c section

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it can be a little painful to have the cathetar put in yes but its not nearly has bad as labor. having it taken out doesnt hurt.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i didnt have a c section but when i had my son (2 years ago) i actually didnt feel them put it in and wouldnt have known it was there had i not been told. they might wait until they do the spinal i think thats what they did with me.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i had to have one for a surgery on my stomach, i wasnt awake for them to put it in. once it was in and i was awake i didnt even feel it and when it was taken out it didnt hurt. felt really weird though but no pain
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have had 4 c-sections. They did my spinal block first. I felt a little pressure with the catheter, but not really pain. Yeah I agree it felt weird when they were taking it out, but no pain.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 7:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i had an epidural and i didnt feel the cathater
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had an epidural so, I didn't feel the catheter and I agree, it did feel weird when they were taking it out but, it wasn't painful at all.

Geea

Answer by Geea at 8:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• O loved that flippin cathater! It hurt a tiny bit going in and coming out just felt a bit weird! But I was so swollen and soar after delivering plus I had a broekn tail bone that there was no way I was getting up to pee on my own! The great thing about it is you dont feel the urge to pee you are just peeing and you dont even know it! Sorry if thats TMI!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Make sure they put it in AFTER they give you the anesthesia.(You have the right to request that) They didn't with me and it hurt putting it in and it was very uncomfortable, i couldn't even sit up right when i was getting the epidural. It didn't hurt when it came out though.
    heather052055

Answer by heather052055 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009