What would you do if you were getting evicted with hubby laid off and 4 children no family or friends to help out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He can apply for unemployment, government assistance, food stamps, WIC (if kids are under 5), medicare for insurance......both of us would look for jobs...if I find one, he can watch the kids and keep looking.

Once he finds another job, then it's a matter of deciding if I will continue to work (opposite shifts or if I make enough for child care...work while kids in school) or if I will quit working.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You have a couple of choices. One you can look into shelters for families. Most of them take you in and they dont just leave you there they help you find a place and get on your feet. There are places you can apply to that go based on your income etc. Second you can go to social services and see an emergency services worker and explain the situation to them. They have a program that is once in a lifetime and gives you the first month and dep on an apartment and up to 10 days in a hotel while you look. If you havent been evicted yet but have a letter for eviction they can also help pay the landlord to prevent eviction.

Answer by gemgem at 6:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Where I live the Salvation Army will help pay for rent and so will a local agency that is much like the Salvation Army. Some churches would help too.
    Anonymous

• Unemployment, welfare assistence.
    Shelters, friends.

There are ways to work through the horrid times.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• try to find a good shelter we could go to, women with children can find lots but few accept men... i would contact charities... i would let the schools know,,, they will want to help you. i would also be trying to find any job i could do to get back on my feet. i am very sorry!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• All the answers were good one so far. Don't be ashamed to ask for help. Exhaust every resourse out there. All of us have been there one time or another.
    debj49

Answer by debj49 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Thank you ladies for all your helpful info and support God bless
    Anonymous