Does anyone think that maybe the end of the world isn't already determined?

God gave us free will, lets us control our own actions. I'm wondering if maybe the prophecies of the Bible could have already been changed or can be changed in the future by our own actions? Like maybe God will let the earth keep going til he sees there is no hope for us, then Jesus will come back. What do you think? It's just a theory that's been in my mind for a while.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 6:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree and that's not necessarily just a theory. There is a story in the bible in which God did change His mind. He was going to destroy a city because of all the sin and because of so many prayers in that city by it's citizens God changed His mind and let them live.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I am not christian so this probibly isn't the answer you are looking for... But, I do not believe this world will end unless we end it. Which with today's deadly technology it's possible. But I don't see if happening.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I don't know..I personally feel like he has determined a certain time and he gives instances that lead to the end such as Nations Uniting, natural disasters, Anti-Christ etc...

We won't know it though. We will see the signs leading up to it.

Anonymous

• No I think its determined. God says the word is not fallible and that everything in the Bible is true. He also is all knowing. That means he knows before we do what choices we make and what ones we wont. He knows how the end will come. I also think we will never see it coming. He says that too. He will come like a thief in the night. Right?

Answer by gemgem at 6:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I do think it will be humans who end the world but I also believe that before that happens Jesus will come down to take the innocent and the saved to be with him. I think that that part of the Bible is true, that the rapture will happen. But I don't believe that it is predetermined, that God has said that on this date he is going to end the world. I think that that is something that is not yet determined. We have a chance to turn our behaviors around. I don't think it will happen, but I think we have the chance.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'm not big into the end of times idea.. I mean yes it could very well happen, but I don' t believe it has a set day.. anything could happen, a sun could implode in an hour from now, and the rays could hit the earth, and there you have it.. or a nuclear war, the list goes on. So when and if it every happens in my life time, then it happens. But I'm not going to build a bomb shelter or anything crazy like that right now.. if things happen in my life time.. like another WW.. then I'll take action.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I believe God already knows when there will be no more hope for us and I also believe He is waiting on all those that will be saved. I believe He knows right now when the rapture will be. It is up to us as Christians to live our lives for Him and draw others to Him before that day. I don't want to seem negative but I don't see the world as going anywhere but downhill. There will be hearts that turn to the Lord, there will be many saved from the tribulation but many millions of people will be left behind. I don't think we can change God's timing but we can have an affect on who stays and who goes by sharing His word. Having said this, I Don't think we as Christians should give up the fight. I believe even in this world where Christian values are losing ground and being overrun by unbiblical views, we should stand our ground. It may not change the day of the Lord's coming but it may help win a soul.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• God knows the day hour minute and second. We don't
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I don't think we need God to intervene to bring about the end. Sadly, we humans are doing a pretty good job of rendering the earth inhabitable already.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• deedee3849-- I agree with you.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 11:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009