How do I get my 16 month old to eat vegetables?

JaredsMommy07

Asked by JaredsMommy07 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let your baby see you eat them and get him/her to try them little at a time
    thetrivetts

Answer by thetrivetts at 5:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• use a food processor to grind them up and put them into spaghetti, chili, other chunky dishes.
    also fruits can be enough nourishment for them and if you are realy worried get that pediasure stuff my dd loved it at that age.
    you could also see if she prefers stuff raw or cooked - my dd likes cooked carrots with salt, pepper and butter if you make it a game and race her to see who can eat it first (of course she wins)
    my dd eats cauliflour with katchup, and will eat corn only if its on the cobb
    although my parents can get her to eat anything. except potato salad - she acts like she is going to barf!

also if you are worried about buying tons of fruits that go bad try buying dried fruits - they are sweet naturally and have the texture of candy.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

vakatia

• My kids will eat almost anything with cheese on it or something to dip it into. I agree with chopping up and hiding veggies, spaghetti, lasagna, chili. I add corn to corn bread, I make zucchini and apple raisin bread. I also sneak fruits into breakfast, apple or raisins in oatmeal. Extra peas in pasta salad etc... hope that helps. :)
    NorthCaliMama

Answer by NorthCaliMama at 5:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have to agree with vakatia, I do this with every veggie and my son will eat them, if they are just laying out plain he will not! LOL! They are so smart sometimes. But lately he has been eating corn, just keep trying to introduce them until they will eat them "whole" otherwise, just grind them up and add them to whatever you make.
    BoobiePrize

Answer by BoobiePrize at 6:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a hard time as well, but luckily my dd actually loves peas & will even ask for them. You might try mixing peas with mac&cheese. The kids at her daycare love it & I actually started eating it that way too. You also might try adding a little sugar (not much) to corn, peas & carrots when you cook them to sweeten them up a little.
    Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 1:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2008