My four year old has a vaginal issue

Please help my four year old daughter has had some sort of discomfort in her vaginal area. I asked her if it itches or burns; she said no. We have taked her to the doctor and at some times it had been a yeast infection and at other times there was nothing. It is not red or irritated looking but I find her squeezing her legs together because she is uncomfortable.

Cathrin

Asked by Cathrin at 11:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe she needs to wipe better.
    Anonymous

• Take her to a Doctor a different doctor if need be. Also get her a urinalysis for a bladder infection.
    jsanford1978

Answer by jsanford1978 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• She could be squeezing her legs together because she has to go to the bathroom, but doesn't want to stop what she is doing.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 11:55 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• A yeast infection would still be my guess.

Do you use scented laundry soap? Do you use bubble bath or any scented bath products? They can cause problems for females - you included.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• What kind of soap do you use? Does she take bubble baths? Bubble baths are horrible for little girls. I might try a hypo-allergenic (non-scented) soap like avveno for a while. Obviously only cotton undies. I also agree with the wiping. Be sure she is wiping well and properly (front to back). Maybe some vagisal (sp?) to help temporarily.

I'd say if none of that helps in a couple weeks find another Dr or get more testing done.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Is someone touching her that you don't know about???
    Hadassah_Kay

Answer by Hadassah_Kay at 12:21 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My daughter battled yeast infections alot and we found out she had very sensitive skin. We do not use any bubble bath, sensitive skin dove soap, and all free laundry detergent
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 12:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Sounds like a UTI.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 1:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• it could be a U.T.I,bladder infection,yeast infection,or bacterial infection.I would try a few things and see if it changes. Give her cranberry juice or a cranberry blend but other than that no juice and plenty of water.Get wet wipes for her to wipe with and make sure she is wiping front to back and cleaning good. make sure when she takes a bath she is clean and well rinsed down there,also try using gentle baby wash instead of harsher body wash.Get some baby detergent and wash her panties with it(you can wash other things with it so you have a full load) you might also try 2 rinses to make sure the detergent is rinsed out good.make sure she uses the bathroom as soon as she needs to,holding it for long periods of time often can have damaging affects on the bladder and can make her very uncomfortable.
    If none of this works than I would go back to your doctor and have her screened again,dont be scared to get a second opinion if you arent satisfied with their findings or lack there
    luvleemommy1217

Answer by luvleemommy1217 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i think it is bladder infection. that is how it felt when i had it. does she go to the bathroom very often? HUGS! take her to the doc again
    Agadaria

Answer by Agadaria at 6:35 AM on Jul. 20, 2008