• In the Spotlight:

What do you think??

i'm 7 weeks and i just got done at my first ultrasound. baby,sac and everything looked good which is such a blessing. the baby's heartrate was about 150 bpm. is this good? i heard after you hear the babies heart beat your risk of miscarriage drops to 5% is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it drops to 5 percent after first trimester, but I really don't know. I am sorry. I never worried about it .
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had heard the chances drop after the heart starts beating and yes its sounds liek a good strong heart rate plus it might be a girl if u go by the old wives tale GOOD LUCK!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• so if i never heard my babys heart beat but someone else does then it wouldnt drop?

Anonymous

• im not sure if your chances drop or not but it sounds like a good strong heartbeat and i wouldnt be going by any old wives tales lol they say girl if its 150 or higher but im having a boy and his is always like 157 or 160 and has been since the first ultra sound. But wont matter congrats and i wish you the best of luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009