Screaming?

My daughter screams, screeches, just this high pitched squeal that drives me crazy. She does it on purpose. When i ask her to stop she laughs and does it anyway. Does anyone else have this problem? How did you deal with it? She's 2 and does it when she's playing and happy.

Kimmers1116

Asked by Kimmers1116 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah mine does it. Shes almost 4 and it isnt as often anymore but when she was 2 she did it alot.

Answer by gemgem at 7:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my 2 yr old little boy does it too and i feel like im gonna go crazy. i dont know what to do with him either except try to ignore him so that maybe he sees that screaming isnt gonna get him what he wants
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My 19 month old just started doing it also. We try to put her in timeout and get down to her level and tell he it is not noce to scream. She is starting to get a little better but it is probably just a stage that we lucky parents get to deal with:) Good Luck
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yes mine does it too. It doesnt really bother me though they just enjoy to make noise - its their way of learning.
    coltonsmum523

Answer by coltonsmum523 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Keep a lil spritzer bottle of water and give it one quick squeeze right after , not enough to drown the child, just enough to get the attention of your little one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• LOL!!! my daughter is doing the same thing and she is 2 1/2yrs. Try giving her choices...

You continue to scream and you can go to time out (or your choice of punishment) or use inside voice and you can keep playing and doing what your doing.

Explain to her that she is a big girl and that she can use words.. it won't work right off hand and not all the time... Aimee is hard headed and doesn what she wants half the time and won't do as she is told and then gets into trouble.. We are having less out bursts of screaming now but it has taken some time....
    Aimeesmommie

Answer by Aimeesmommie at 12:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009