im worried it broke

so im worried my water broke but i just cant go to the l&d as i plz cuz of how much it cost so i need to be for sure that it did
there has been someting leaking out of my va jay jay since about 4:30
and my tummy feels lighter then nomral
i also have been getting pains in my tummy really bad
im only 35 weeks but when i went to the doc on the 21st he said to be ready cuz how low she is she could becomeing any day
but i was not dilated at all or efacing (is that spelled right)
should i call my doc or just go to the l&d
i have a gut feeling i should go but i dont want to have to spend so much money and it be nothing

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it honey. you need to at least call your dr
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Call ur doc.................do u have any bloody show??
    MarcRyan

Answer by MarcRyan at 7:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You cant worry about money when both of your guys health is at steak call your DR and im sure they will tell you to go into L&D
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• UMMM WELL YOULL HAVE TO BE DAILATED AND EFFACED FOR THE BABY TO COME BUT WHAT YOUR SAYING IS NORMAL... BUT AS FOR WATER BRAKING DO YOU HAVE ANY BLOOD??
    Anonymous

• could be nothing but i would call your dr and let him know he will tell you if you should go in or not. usually contractions will start with in 12 hours of your water breaking but since your not atleast 37 weeks they probably will want to check you just in case.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It could be urine leakage. The best thing I can advise (as someone whose water broke at home) is put a pad on and go and lie down for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then get up. If you feel fluid leaking as you sit up or get up off the bed or couch then it's probably your amniotic fluid and you should 1) call the OB on call and tell them what's going on. 2) tell them when it first broke (they've got 24 hours to get the baby out before drastic measures are taken). 3) if you KNOW what color it was/is, tell them that, too. 4) GO TO THE HOSPITAL ASAP.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• you could have a tear in your water bag thing lol! I would go to L&D...especially since its leaking and your tummy is tight. My dr didnt tell me I was dilated until the day I went into labor...messed up huh lol...GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous

• does it come out everytime your tummy tightens up? if your in labor it'll come out everytime your tummy gets tight.Its totally gross!
    Anonymous

• Go to the hospital and talk to them about a medical card or assistance some hospital with write off your bill if u dont qualify for some off reason but are lower incomed
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• um yah, sure sounds like it. Better safe than sorry. The longer you wait the more of a chance for the baby to get an infection.
    jillian6702

Answer by jillian6702 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009