I WAKE UP EVERY DAY FEELING UNHAPPY

My HB has a baby with previous relationship and when we first got married his baby mama went crazy. She started making excuse for not letting my husband see his daughter, and when she does she will tell him he couldn't bring her around me. she didn't want me to be involved in her daughter’s life and he felt for that . for everything she said instead of defending me he stood by her side and that crashed my feeling. Also she and his mom are very close so she is invited to everygathering including thanks giving. i feel horrible i blame my husband a lot for not telling his family that i should be the one to come not her, because it bother me that he is slowly separating himself from his family as well because of that. I think that her still being involved with his family mean more to him than us being there with them. We now have a daughter as well and she barely knows his side of the family. i don't know how todeal with it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmmm,I can't believe what I just read. First of all its not fair to your daughter to be so distance from her grandparents. Hun if i was you I would let my man know that we are a family now and its time we act like it. Your ex is and ex for a reason and it's not fair to you or y'all's child to be going through this. And that your ex is not your family now even though she has a daughter with him, and its time for him and his family to realize that and if not If it were me I would get myself and my daughter out of that situation asap. And also they need to realize your daughter is part as their family as much as the other child and they are step sister's. And the ex just needs to get over herself stop being so jealous of you and your daughter.Sometimes the best thing to do is to resolve the issue when there is kids involved before it really hurts the kids.
    FTBALLMOF2BOYS

Answer by FTBALLMOF2BOYS at 7:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Wow thats just crazy. I would tell him exactly how you feel. Reverse the situation on him. Ask him how he would feel if you were doing to him what he is doing to you. Yes, his daughter with her does mean they will always have a relationship. His parents should not still be inviting her to family functions and not you and your daughter. I would tell him that if he wants his other daughter to attend the family functions that is fine, but not the mom. If the mom tries to take the daughter away from him, he could take her to court and get court ordered visitation. He should not be afraid of losing his other daughter, he should be afraid of losing you and your daughter together.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Are you saying that your husband is taking his EX and their child to family function, and you being the CURRENT wife, with a child together do NOT get to go to family functions??? Did I read that correctly. If I did I have 1 question for you.............. What in the hell are you still doing with this man?
    He needs to get his priorities in order. Of course he should STILL have contact with his daughter, but the EX should NOT be going to family functions......... He needs to choose. His wife and daughter he has now, or his EX. I cannot believe you are letting him do this to you.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My husbands mother made him pick between me and her and my husband picked me,he also has an ex wife with whom he has NO children with.After he chose me his mother became besties with his ex wife (who she hated) and they tried to sabatoge our relatioship,needles to say me and my husband didnt let it get to us,we now have a nice new home and we are very happy without them.You need to tell him whats up and put your foot down,I understand your in a different situation because they have kids. Mabey you can have a one on one with his mother and let her know your not going anywhere and to stop being such a b*tch because you deserve better than that.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009