OB DOC ?

WELL MY OB DOC LOOKS YOUNG AND MY MOM KEEPS TELLING ME TO GET A NEW ONE CAUSE SHE WOULDNT KNOW WHAT SHES DOING WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO I MEAN I DONT JUGDE AND I HATE THAT MY MOM DOES AND SHE KEEPS TELLING ME HOW MY SIS GOTS AN OLDER OB DOC AND HOW IS GOOD FOR HER AND BLAH BLAH I SWEAR MY MOM STRESSES ME OUT!! PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE THANKS..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My Ob was younger, and male, and wonderful You need a doctor you can be comfortable with, it doesn't matter about age. Some of the older ones are set in their ways... while a younger one is more open to new ideas, etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Just because your dr looks young doesnt mean she is young so keep that in mind. They have to attend school a really long time to be a OB doc so im sure shes not as young as your mom is thinking. If your like your dr then you stay with your dr regardless of your mom its up to you not her. My OB is a younger guy hes not super young obviously but hes probably in his mid 30's. He is great. with my son i had a older dr and he was a retard i almost lost my son because he wouldnt do a c section when i needed one he waited thank goodness nothing was wrong but just because they are older doesnt mean they are better.
    Anonymous

• CAUSE I DO FEEL SO CONFORTAMBLE WITH HER I LIKE HER ALOT MY MOM IS JUST TRYING TO PUT ME DOWN I GUESS SHES ALWAYS FIGHTING WITH ME TO FEEL LIKE CRAP AND SHE TREATS MY OTHER PREGNANT SISTER BETTER :(
    Anonymous

• well, then ignore your mom :) it's your choice who your doctor is and not your mothers. If you like this doc, stay with her :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• THANKS THATS WHAT I TOLD HER AND SHES LIKE YOUR DUMB BUT I DONTCARE I AM MY OWN PERSON THANKS AGAIN :)
    Anonymous

• Id be worried Id get the older doctor who bitter and burned out of his job LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My doctor is younger and I absolutely LOVE him! I don't think there is any reason to judge on age. Even old doctors may not have a clue.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• thats all up to u. if u think shes a good doc then keep her. i get all sorts of ppl that say bad things about my doc also but he delivered both my boys and also is gonna deliver my third son.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Do you feel comfortable with your doc???? Just because a doctor is older doesn't mean they are more competent. Go with your intuition. You WILL know what is right for YOU, not anyone else. GOOD LUCK!
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 11:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• How do you think the doc is treating you? If you like the doc keep her. Tell her your mom thinks she's still wet behind the ears and see what she says? I bet she'll tell you how many babies she's delivered and you can decide if you want to keep her. If she says "counting you? 1!!!" I might switch! LOL
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 24, 2009