bad thoughts (please no bashing)

so im 19 and pregnant. When i first got pregnant i was debating wheather to get an abortion or not, basically i realized that i could never do it, my mom and boyfriend also talked me out of it. But still every once in a while if something really stressful happens i'll think to myself "why did ever think i could do this".
I also have really bad anxiety, and by bad i mean i don't leave the house except to go to the doctors. I was on a good medication before but had to stop taking them due to the pregnancy. Well basically my mom and boyfriend get on me all the time about never going anywhere and i have the thoughts of "well if i didn't get talked out of the abortion i could do those things"
I know how horrible these thoughts are. Ive always wanted to be a mom but im just so depressed, i feel worthless. I feel like my baby knows what im thinking and that he is going to hate me once he is born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was just like you, i got on zoloft and it was all better :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• they sa your baby can feel your feelings, but your not a bad person.Talk to your dr. he/she is there for things like that.It would be bad if you didnt do sum-n bout it now and then you had real bad postpartum.I'm 21 and got preggo at 19(gon on 20) you'll be fine. now you have a lil person to take with you and show off!
    Anonymous

• There are meds you can take while pregnant and you need to be on them. Talk to your OB at your next check up. He (or she) needs to be aware that you are at very high risk for PPD. You need to be helped now and after birth.
    YOU CAN DO IT! But you need to get the help you need NOW. Please, please talk to your doctor as soon as possible. You and your baby both deserve more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had BAD depression while I was pregnant. You need to talk to your doctor.

Please, please talk to your doctor.

Big hugs to you!
    Anonymous

• DONT WORRY AND DONT STRESS OUT OKAY I HAD THOUGHTS LIKE THAT BUT AND I DID ASK MY SELF WHY I THOUGHT LIKE THAT CAUSE I DIDNT THINK I COULD RAISE A KID I WAS 18 AND HAD MY SON AT 19 BUT WOW BEING A MOMMY IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD IM ALSO PREGNANT WITH MY 2ND CONGRATS BY THE WAY!
    Anonymous

• Well first of all you need to get comfortable with your pregnancy.I don't believe abortion is right but everyone is different.Have you talked to ur OBGYN about the feelings you are having.Maybe he can help find something you can take that is safe for the baby. Also your mom and boyfriend don't need to force things on you. I hope things go good for you.
    FTBALLMOF2BOYS

Answer by FTBALLMOF2BOYS at 7:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I got so depressed at one point because my husband and I were seperated and I got pg by a guy I started seeing durign the seperation then he broke up with me and I felt alone and scared of how I would do it on my own, I have chronic depression and General Anxiety and I did feel that way at one point and even contemplatied having an abortion, however I pulled myself out of it and realized that in the end we are only given what we can handle. If you feel bad and like not going out dont but find something to pamper yourself rent videos, get a haircut, etc and talk to your dr...never feel guilty u love your baby or u wouldnt be concerned if it knew what u thought . Take it day by day it will get better
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I felt the same in the beginning of my pregnancy, but then I realized that baby and my new husband were all I ever wanted and I couldn't be happier. I always felt selfish thoughts and then I realized I was going to be a mom and I couldn't think selfish thoughts anymore. Then I realized that I WAS going to be a mom and that gave my life purpose and complete happiness.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had my son when I was 18. It was hard, the father ditched me and I felt really alone. You made the right choice, just remember that. When you see your son all of that will be evident. It's not easy, but just talk to your dr, they won't judge you. They're there to help.
    jillian6702

Answer by jillian6702 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Your baby can feel your feelings, and alot of times the meds are better than the risks that depression and stress can have. I was like that really bad in the begaining of my pregnancy and I m 35 weeks now and just got on zoloft, it's already helping me and it's better to get help as soon as you can cause it can get worse and you don't want to get real bad PPD. just tell your doctor how you feel and they will work with you on getting help. there is nothing wrong with getting help, weather it's counseling or meds.
    Anonymous