My 7 month old

She eats breakfast (normal a fruit or veg with oatmeal) and then either a lunch or dinner just depends (normaly a fruit or veg with rice) I tried to give her something else and it makes her stomach hurt and she's can't have a bm. When do I start table food to leet her gum?

MadeylnsMom

Asked by MadeylnsMom at 7:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was already on table food not all but most. Some children just need it sooner. Check though to see if she is allergic to milk. Mine had acid reflux and it made him sick to eat most foods. Just shred it up small if its like chiken and everything else mash it with a fork and let her go at it. That is what I did!
    mommy21922

Answer by mommy21922 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We started giving table foods at 6 months...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• we are table foods at 7 months now
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• DD is 6 months and we have the special gerber foods like the bananna puffs and biter biscuits that she loves to knaw on.. teaches her the concept of table food and good for babies. The consensus among doctors around here and in general that I know of is when the child has teeth to chew and the interest in having table food it is ok to give it to them. You start with small things like rice and mashed potatoes and make sure they're cut real small.... If you have a problem with constipation try a little juice, some people say prune juice, some say apple juice.. whatever works for your child or give a little mylicon.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009