What is the chance of multiples after donating eggs?

I just donated eggs, got home about 3 days ago. My husband and I are trying to have a baby now. We were told that I'm super fertile because the fertility drugs can still be in my system, causing more eggs to mature. I just want to know if there's anyone out there that knows what the chances are first of me to get pregnant this month and secondly, the chances of conceiving multiples? We have a huge desire to experience this. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Wow, that is a good idea. Can you tell me if it hurt when they collected the eggs? I always wanted multiple birth babies! Never thought of doing it that way. So, did it hurt?
    Anonymous

• If you donated eggs 3 days ago, they probably ruptured all of the follicles to collect all of the mature eggs. So, you probably wouldn't get pregnant this month as there wouldn't be any mature eggs waiting to meet up with the sperm. However, the fertility meds lingering in your system might cause your next cycle to recruit more eggs, I guess. Sometimes it takes a month or two for your body to return to normal from all the meds.

I came at it from the IVF side, and didn't donate eggs, but had twins that way. The meds almost always messed me up the next cycle.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009