• In the Spotlight:

How do you think your DH/SO feels about you guys getting older?

I think my SO actually likes it. I talked about how he probably missed the body I had at 16 and he said "Honey, I would not want you at 16" and went on to talk about how ridiculous any of these grown men are that chase teenage girls...asking who would want the petty arguments and the drama that comes with the 16 year old body.

It made me think of how some men start looking at younger women as their wives age and what he said made me really good and secure.

We have talked about little other things too...like how my first pregnancy when I was a few years younger was easier on me and how his knees are getting bad and his years of marathons are limited. The strange thing is, I don't think we'll miss the "young us" too much.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We are both kind of enamored by it. It's like the older we get, the more life experiences we've shared.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 7:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• DH and I are excited to grow "old"...we just think life is too short to long for the past!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My husband and I like growing old together. We joke about getting old and watching our bodies fall apart and making fun of each other LOL. My husbands cool with my getting older and Im cool with his increasing gray.

Answer by gemgem at 7:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• LOL.. My DH tells me I have twice the Bigger Boobs and Butt. so He loves me how I am now. If I lose more weight he will never leave me alone.. I don't think about the future. I just go with the flow of each day. and what is it with every one posting about getting older. why make a deal out of it. there are lot more things to worry about or deal with. getting old or how I look is my least problems... Just in joy life and be thankfull you woke up the next morning and you are still pretty.. and have a great marriage. and healthly kids and family..
    coolmom2805

Answer by coolmom2805 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think he is ok with it for the most part. None of us like the failing body part but there is a bond that gets tighter between us with each passing year. The fights are fewer and farther between and there is contentment.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• He likes how I use to look better. I made him confess. lol. 120 size 5-7 compared to 150 size 12? I don't blame him!

He told me NOT to get under 120 because he doesn't like a woman that is shaped like a man. <--His words.

Anonymous

• I didn't have that young teen body when DH met me. This is my second marriage, and he fell in love with me despite the ravages of three children on my body and my sanity. I know he loves me for who I am and what we have together, not how I look.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009