Why is it that people........................

Must use text messenaging lingo on here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know, but it's annoying as hell. Hard to understand them half the time and makes them sound uneducated. It's not short hand after all.
    Momma.Mare

Answer by Momma.Mare at 8:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• LOL is all I know!! :) I have to really think about what alot of it means.Oh I do use cuz instead of because!If I knew short hand I'd do that but I don't and I don't text so I'm clueless with the lingo!! Someone should post text lingo for us non-texters!!LOL :) Had to!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Because it's easier than typing out all the words I guess
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• most of the time its easier. id much rather type IMO instead of in my opinion and SO instead of significant other. search a little through past posts in just for fun there are a few "what do the abbreviations mean?" posts, i even made one a while ago
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think it's because they want to. It's their preference to do so so they do it.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Dh. DS.DD & Sil is all I know but SIL can Be sister in law or Son in law.. LOL~!?? Now is that Lot's of Love? Or Laugh At loud? I'm unsure! But Some Do what they want & are used to I guess!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• idk, im always thinking wtf? when im reading this stuff, ppl need 2 stop it.
    its so annoying, lol. I wonder Y they do it? maybe cuz its the internet!
    Anonymous

• Because there is no wrtn rule bout wth kinda lingo we use on here.
    eyef0undnem0

Answer by eyef0undnem0 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Um it's a free country?
    Anonymous

• I don't text message anyone except for my hair dresser. I promise I don't use any "lingo" to message her, just to set up an appointment. Anyway, I use the same lingo that a lot of other people use on the internet. I don't do it to annoy others, I promise!
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 10:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009