• In the Spotlight:

IS THIS NORMAL?

I'M 5 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS PREGNANT,I'M WORRIED BECAUSE I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME SLIGHT LOWER BACK PAINS.I FEEL LIKE I GOT PUNCHED THERE.I'M SCARED BECAUSE I HAD A MISCARRIAGE LAST OCTOBER,AFTER A COUPLE OF PERIODS MY DOCTOR GAVE ME THE OK TO TRY AGAIN AND IT HAPPENED REALLY QUICKLY.I'M SCARED BECAUSE I START THINKING ABOUT THE MISCARRIAGE.I FEEL LIKE IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN,I KNOW I SHOULDNT THINK LIKE THAT BUT WHO COULD BLAME ME.MY DOCTORS APPOINTMENT IS ON TUESDAY.COULD THIS SLIGHT PAIN BE SOME STRETCHING?

BABY312

Asked by BABY312 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it could. Cramping is common in early pregnancy. If you get any other symptoms or bleeding, I would call your doc (on call) or go to the ER.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think you should just watch your symptoms very carefully and if the persist go to the doctor i had a miscarriage in october as well the doc told me the same thing but he also said that sometimes if you have one you will have to be extremely careful in the early weeks of your next pregnancy to be sure nothing is wrong so just take it easy and watch carefully
    blakesmom11223

Answer by blakesmom11223 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009