What's Wrong with my '99 Dodge Intrepid?

My Poor Car has 188,000 miles on it! It didn't start for 5 days for my DH! Then I decided I will go & try it & it Startted! Whoo hoo.. Happy on that! I let my Daughter drive it & she complained it Doesn't Heat! What? Sure enough NO heat!! Why could it not throw heat?! Anyone's have this issue? If so what did you do to have it Fixed!? I'm Jobless.. DH is laid off work Again & we're in A bad/Tough situation & everything possible is Broke.. Including me... Nice replies Are appreciated! Is there any Car site with Good honest Right Answers that don't cost anything?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 8:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• if the antifreeze is low or frozen the heat won't work. good luck to u and all of your situations
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 8:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It could be your heat coil or your thermostat. (I've never heard about the PP)
    Countrymomma110

Answer by Countrymomma110 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You may need to have the heater core replaced. Does the defrost work or does steam come out when you use it?
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 9:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• might be the heater coil... i dont know where it is in your car, but its not an easy fix and is a pain in the butt... when i was low on cash i found a guy in my neighborhood that did some car work for me, for 20 bucks if i paid for the parts.. and you know, that was the best route...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:34 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have a 99 Grand Am Se. I had to replace the headgasket,manafold gasket,water pump,thermostat.So I can relate to your problem,because my P.O.S. wouldn't give out heat when the anti-freeze was low.If your anti-freeze is low you could have a slow but tiny leak somewhere.Unforunately for me my car sits again in the driveway as it is leaking anti-freeze AGAIN.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• To Everyone out there. Just an important reminder!! Most Except the Real New pet safe stuff (antifreeze) is highly Dangerous & can Kill any pets that lick it! It has A Sweet taste they may like & it is Fatal! A Cruel horrible Death! So Be mindful & careful of any pets that could find your leak! Even if its enough to get on their paws & as they lick them off it can Kill!! I know we Love our pets & Animals & I want everyone to be careful! I hope I won't offend anyone in stating this! To all that replied to me! My sweet Car is Up & running... It got enough prestone antifreeze!! I told DH do do it! He said it didn't need it! I said Do it! We will replace the thermostat.. After Research on the internet I figured out it was not that! Just the Antifreeze low Level!! All those knowing that -Platinum Stars with Diamonds!! And A Huge Hug & Thank You! Women/Moms Rock!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009