What kind of car would a mom recommend for a family of 5?

We need a minivan of crossover but I am overwhelmed with ther choices...anyone have a favorite?

Jenni305

Asked by Jenni305 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Shopping

• I have a town and country chrysler 2006. So far it has been great to me. No major problems, and I got the lower end model (its the shorter one) so it cost less with the same luxuries of the longer ones.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 8:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Lexus LX 570 would be ideal. But a Lexus 470 would work/
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No but I can tell you I wouldn't go with a Buick. I bought a Rendezvous 2006 and have had nothing but trouble with it multiple times. They've already done a transmission flush, replaced the transmission, had trouble with the rack and pinion, multiple other things. Now I have stuff wrong with it they can't even figure it out. So I would stay away from the Buicks even though the Enclaves are nice.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have a 2008 Nissan Quest and love it. Plenty of room and it drives wonderfully.
    StacyMarie1029

Answer by StacyMarie1029 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have a family of 6 & I have a Toyota Sienna. I love it although I think most minivans are comparable.
    ilovebooksfan

Answer by ilovebooksfan at 3:11 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I recommend a bus for 5 kids.
    Anonymous

• they are a family of 5... if she had 5 kids, they would be a family of 7!!!!
    Anonymous

• I can attest to the Buick issue. My sister just bought a used Rendevous and she has nothing but issue after issue. Its a looker, but not worth it in the long run.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 9:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I guess it depends on your budget, really
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 10:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have a Dodge Caravan and love it. I wanted to get a crossover but when we bought my van was whne gas was extremely high and we were concerned abot the mileage per gallon.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2009