IHAVE ONLY ONE FA-TUBE,MY RIGHT ONE WAS REMOVED DUE TOOETOPIC PREGNANCY WHICH THE BABY WAS GROWING IN MY TUBE,IVE BEEN TRING TO COME OUT PREGNANT FOR 1 YEAR AND IVE HAD NO LUCK.MY QUESTION IS ;WOULD I STILL BE A BLE TO HAVE BABIES DUE TO HAVING ONLY 1 FALUPION-TUBE?

rebecca906

Asked by rebecca906 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• One of my friends has one FT. She & her hubby both happen to be ER Docs... They tried for about 3 yrs before it finally happened. That's w/out ANY medical intervention. From what they told me, the only precaution is in the beginning of pregnancy to protect the remaining FT & prevent any chance of another ectopic pregnancy. The 'getting preg' part sometimes can take longer, but there's no reason it would prevent pregnancy as long as the remaining FT is healthy & clear of any scar tissue (which can be removed if needed).
    Try really hard to concentrate on your own life & not your life "until" the baby. That's when it usually happens. My sis tried for over 3 years w/ no medical problems & the moment she made peace that it may not happen, she was pregnant. I went through the frustration w/ her & I saw how much she hurt during the "trying" years. Try your very best to focus on things that YOU LOVE & just keep living your life...
    angisworld

Answer by angisworld at 12:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• yes
    Ms.Beth1214

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• If the timing is right you will get pregnant. Not to discourage, but it took my husband and me 8 years to get pregnant and I have 2 working ft. If it is right, it will happen. Some advice to really try is to take your temperature. Woman have about a 24 hour window to get pregnant every month. About 7-10 days after the last day of your period start taking your temperature every morning and night. When it goes up 1 degree you are ovulating and that is your window. If you do this every month you should be pregnant in no time. It also depends on sperm count so if you can try not to have sex for a few days that will help his count. Good luck.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 3:42 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My aunt had 4 children with 1 tube!
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I had my left tube taken because of an ectopic pregnancy and I have a beautiful 19 month old son. There was a time when i thought i would never get pregnant but i did and it was a really easy, uncomplicated pregnancy. Hang in there i know what you are going through!
    LitningBug

Answer by LitningBug at 12:16 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I have only 1 tube and 1 ovary (no matter how I spell that it looks wrong, but I hope that's right, sorry if it's not). But I gave birth to the healthiest baby boy you've ever seen. So good luck =)
    ElilisMom

Answer by ElilisMom at 6:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• I also have only one tube, the other was removed because of an ectopic pregnancy. It took me about a year before I got preg with my son, and now I also have a daughter(and it only took me 2 months to get preg with her!) Anyway, everyone's situation is different and not everyone is that lucky, but I do know a lot of women who have had success after losing a tube. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2008

• Yes, you can still have babies. I lost my right tube because of ectopic pregnancy, and I got pregnant with my living son about 6 months later. Heck, I know of a woman who lost both tubes and was STILL able to get pregnant naturally.
    sallymoon

Answer by sallymoon at 3:29 AM on Sep. 20, 2008