todler beds

I had planned on leaving my daughter who is almost 19 months in a crib until she climbed out. however now she is getting her legs stuck in between the bars and screaming out for help. would you consider this to be a safety hazard? should i be changing her into a toddler bed over this?

kschrewe15

Asked by kschrewe15 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• me personally i put both of my kids into toddler beds when they started doing this . i was afriad they would twist their legs and brake them. i hope this helps
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 8:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• that's what i was think too! any other opinions?
    kschrewe15

Answer by kschrewe15 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• too old for a bumper pad really so i dont know of any other options sorry
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 9:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We moved out boys at 15 months. They were close to the height limit of the crib...and were getting caught in the slats.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'd try the mesh bumper pads, or better yet... a crib tent. It will keep her legs from getting trapped and will prevent her from climbing out. So you can move her when she is mature enough for the freedom of a bed instead of moving her as a reaction to a crisis.

My toddler is 30 months and still happily in her crib. She has the option of sleeping in her bed and doesn't want to. Since I have a crib tent, I can let her choose when to make this change instead of forcing it on her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Mesh bumper pads are not recommended to be used after about 9 months if I remember correctly. They are only held on with velcro and can easily be removed by a one year old.

My oldest removed one at 8 months. I found him playing in his crib with it wrapped around his body and neck.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2009