I think im in labor...

I had a really bad contraction about an hour ago... it lasted about five to ten minutes. I havent felt any again, but my hospital is an hour away and if this is the start of labor, I need to know if i should head to the hospital...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 9:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Your contractions should be consistent and lasting a couple of minutes. One contraction an hour ago most likely does not mean you are in labor. Just keep an eye on your contractions though. If they start getting close together, time them. Once they are about 5 minutes apart that's when I think you should go to the hospital. GL!
    Anonymous

• it may be something other than a contraction that is why i said to call your doctor i hope eveything is ok
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 9:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• One contraction lasting that long is most likely not labor. It is most likely bh.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yes, for the safety of both you and your baby, call your Dr. Better safe than sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010