would it be wrong to leave my man while im prego?

im like 9 weeks... My man is an asshole... He's in the Navy, im thinking about moving back home (diff state)... Does anyone know what the law is on costudy if the father is in the Navy? Can i get full if i do leave? I dont want to have my kid fly back and fourth...

Also, does stress really effect the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First of all, YES stress can affect your baby. And if this guy is such an awful guy, LEAVE. As long as you are a good mom, and he can't prove otherwise, he'll never be able to take your baby away from you permanently. Being in the navy does help him, but it can also hurt, what if he gets deployed? Someone has to care for that child. If he treats you as badly as it sounds, leave, it'll be better for you and your baby.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• First of all Stress on a baby is worse then smoking for the first trimester trust me. Second, there is nothing wrong with leaving while u are pregnant, I wanted to but I didnt instead I waited until my daughter was 6months old and it seemed so much harder because he had already built a relationship with the baby, granted we had 2 other children but it was different with the new baby cause we had finally lived together, but I wasnt happy I had to get out he treated me like I was his slave. He treated his friends better then me he called me names and all other kinds of stuff. But anyway if u feel this is what you have to do andd you know for a fact that u dont love him anymore and wont regret moving away then I say do it, U wont lose your baby, but if he cares then just be prepared to have to let him see the baby cause he might not be so keen to sign over his rights if u know what I mean...
    trish84p

Answer by trish84p at 1:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• yes the stress really affects your baby!!! they may not be able to understand but they can sense it, even in utero! i would stay until he comes back and if shit still isnt working, then tell him ur leaving!!!
    Ms.Beth1214

Answer by Ms.Beth1214 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• The military will make him own up and take care of his responsibilities, whether you are with this man or not. Stress does absolutely effect your pregnancy... You need to be able to rest and relax and take good care of you. Go home... Be near friends and family. He may sue for joint custody and visitation, but what happens if he is deployed? Keep your chin up and leave that a**hole!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 3:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Thank you for your answers ladies... I think ill be headin back home soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• It's never wrong to leave a man who won't be a good father. your safety and the baby's safety come first and yes stress is bad for baby. When you are tense baby has a hard time getting what it needs to grow.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• He wouldnt be a bad father... He is just a horrible cheating, lying a-hole... But at the same time, I think he doesnt care about the baby if he would run away this weekend with some other chick.

He keeps saying he wants to baby, i just dont think he wants me...
    Anonymous