Where are your kids when you take a shower?

It never occurred to me until recently that some parents will take a shower while thier babies, toddlers and preschoolers are on thier own in the house. Even restricted by a gate in one room, but still somewhere where they can't see the children. Where are your kids when you take a shower, and what are they doing?

3gifts.from.god

Asked by 3gifts.from.god at 9:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• normally i put noah i n someting like his jumperoo or swing. that way i kno he cant accidentky get into something while im not watching him and hes in one place!. when he was younger he used to be in the bathroom with me..but he doesnt fit in his bouncer so he cant!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I always take a shower either while my boyfriend is home or while my daughter is sleeping.."and I always leave the door open with the monitor on so I can still hear everything.
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When my kids were young I would shower when they were asleep. If I missed my window of opportunity I didn't get my shower. There were some days that I didn't look or smell so hot..lol
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• mine is in her crib in her bedroom,usually asleep, theres a door that goes from the bathroom to her room. I keep the door open and peek out every so often to check on her while i'm in the shower.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 9:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Only during naptime or if my dh is able to watch her.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I never took a shower unless my husband was home with my first child With my second child I shower when I need to. I leave the door open -if she needs me and my house is baby proofed so its okay.
    Anonymous

• my son would go in his bouncer in front of the shower now that he's 5 mos I let him play on his play mat in front of the tub...when he starts crawling...I dunno what I'm gonna do cuz the pack n play doesn't fit in the bathroom maybe in his crib with the monitor in the bathroom but I'll never leave him unattended in anything other than his crib. Babies die in swings, bouncers and other things that you would think they are safe...but they aren't babysitters and unattended their not safe. One day while I was in the shower, my son tipped over in his bouncer...on purpose trying to eat the side. If I didn't have him bucked in he would have fallen out on his head and could have suffocated if I wasn't in the room to see him. He couldn't get himself back up to a sitting position. I laughed and took a picture since I was in the room but it could have been serious if he was alone for the duration of my shower.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When my son was younger he was either in his crib, in a jumperoo, in a swing or in the shower with me (once he could sit well on his own). Now that he's 2 ... he's usually watching Noggin in my bedroom when I shower (the bathroom door stays open) or sometimes he'll wander in to peek at me in the shower and laugh. My hubby is a long-haul trucker so if I waited for him to be home I'd only be able to shower on the weekends.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When my 8 month old son is awake I take him in the bathroom with me in his bouncer seat and he gets a bath every day after my shower. If I want to take a shower when he is sleeping I put his monitor by his crib and take it with me into the bathroom.
    jcbsmmy568

Answer by jcbsmmy568 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When my son was a young baby, I would put him in his bouncy seat in the bathroom while I showered. He usually cried because he wanted me so the showers were super quick with me peeking out every 5 seconds to try to talk to him to calm him down. By the time he was sitting up, he got in the shower with me if he wasn't sleeping. This way, I got a nice long shower and was able to shave and everything, he got his bath without crying (he didn't like baths) and without killing my back. I wish he was still that age, it was great! He's 6 now so I can take a shower just fine.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2009