tubal ligation

has anyone ever gotten their tubes tied? i am thinking of getting mine tied but am afraid that my period will be heavier & i will have bad cramping after i get it done. i'm also worried that i will change my mind about having more children.

CASSIDYSHEART

Asked by CASSIDYSHEART at 9:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• i will tell you if you are having the slightest of doubts dont get it done it may be the worst mistake of ur life...
    mom2_2spclkids

Answer by mom2_2spclkids at 9:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had one 6 years ago and it hasn't really changed my periods, but it is sad knowing that I can't have anymore kids. I know that's why I made the decision, but it's still sad now that I'm older and my kids are older knowing that it's not a possibility. The cost of a reversal is so expenive and not a garuantee. Since you are already concerned about changing your mind I say look into other methods first.
    Anonymous

• I would recommend against it. Recent studies are indicating a link between tubal ligation and Breast and Ovarion cancer. If you are looking for a birth control that is more long term I would recommend and IUD. There are 2 kinds, one hormonal (Mirena) and one non hormonal (Paraguard).
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 11:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• lol if you our doubting don't do it i freaked out when i was about to get it done lol the doctor said okay maybe next time i hope i go into menopause soon lol
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 1:14 AM on Jan. 24, 2009