For Christians... How do you know God is with you?

I just wrote a journal about this yesterday.

I was wondering how other Christians know God is with them?

I could go on forever about how I know, I can feel His presence everyday.

(Sorry if my question sounds silly, I just know that He has really touched my heart lately and when I have really needed it. Thanks!)

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 9:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know God is with me when I've been praying for understanding, patience or any other issue I'm trying to conqure or deal with.... and when I'm presented with a trigger I deal with it better than last time. When something scary or upsetting happens in my life and I feel a calm, I know God is with me. When something that didn't seem to make sense or help my family situation all of a sudden becomes clear, often years later, reassure's me that God is with me.
    When my grandfather passed away and I got over my sadness for selfish reason's once knowing that he was home with his Lord where he wanted to be, where he belongs. I will miss him but he is the one person in my life who's passed away and I'm positive he's with God in heaven.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It is a matter of having faith in his word. I heard the wrod, believed, accepted, was baptized and live it as best I can. My reward for that is the promise that God will be with me and eventually eternal life.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I feel his presence. I have walked with him for so long now, there is a certain anointing I feel when I have not been directly in his presence in prayer. If I put off prayer I'll feel that the kind of emptiness you feel when your husband has been gone all day. When I put everything aside and sit directly in his presence the emptiness goes away.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We went through some difficult months, my husband was laid off for several months. I was really overwhelmed with worry and I knew it was wrong. I prayed alot and read the bible, searching for peace and comfort that all would be OK. This difficult time really brought me closer to God, I had to really have faith that He would provide our needs. One night as I worried how we would continue to pay the bills and afford Christmas presents I prayed and gave my worries to the Lord. I prayed specifically for peace during this trial and He gave it to me. After that moment, I felt at peace with the situation...I knew He would provide, and He did. My husband got a great job in a struggling economy the very next week. This is just one example of many....just the most recent.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I know he is with me .. I wake up every morning. And its not because of me its all because of him .. Also if you have his holy spirit you can feel him and that is the best feeling you have ever felt... I love the Lord and he is with me Look around he is with us all. God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Because His word declares it. I walk by faith. John 3:16
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:48 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I feel His presence; I hear His voice, and I see His creation.

God walks with me every second of every day.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 8:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• First its sheer faith and then I know because I know his voice. The bible says that his sheep know his voice. The voice of the Holy Spirit is recognizable to his children.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 6:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009