I' am VERY close to a 3 year old, and all of a sudden she doesn't want anything to do with me? How do i respond to that?

We spend most of our free time together since she was 4 months. She has spent 2 nights a week at my house for a long time now, every afternoon she's not with her "weekend" dad (sometimes all day), calls me in the morning and wants me to come get her, comes home from a weekend with her dad and asks where I am and can she go to my house (and usually she does)...are you getting the picture. I'm like a surrogate, very active, young grandparent/aunt. All of a sudden, literally one random morning, she doesn't want to be with me or talk with me on the phone, sit near me, allow me to pick her up or beg me to pick her up from school anymore??? I"m so confused, hurt...not sure how to respond...help! What happened? I love her with all my heart! Any ideas on how I could best respond, right now all i do is leave fast so she doesn't see me cry ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I understand that you r hurt but I think that u should just let it take it course. My 3 yr old son has gotten into that stage. Less than a year ago he always wanted to go to grandma's house for the weekend and would tell me bye as soon as we pulled in the drive way. But now he only wants to see her for a little and come back home. I think it's just a stage that they'll have to grow out of.
    Buffie04

Answer by Buffie04 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2009