My daughter won't hold up her bottle.

She is 9 mths. and won't hold it up while she is sitting. I try to help her and she'll hold it for a little bit, but then she will drop it. What should I do?

PureKrz21

Asked by PureKrz21 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is almost 9 months as well, and she never held her bottle longer than a few seconds, and still doesn't. But she is doing better with a sippy, she is getting to where she is actually hitting her mouth with it and taking a drink.
    Countrymomma110

Answer by Countrymomma110 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• some babies refuse to hold it while sitting.. lay her down.. if she is capable of picking up her own bottle then when it falls don't go and get it for her. She's learning just how much mommy will play her game and let her be lazy. If you make her understand that your not going to pick it up for her anymore, she'll start doing it herself. (**That's only IF she can pick it up herself!!**) Some kids just have a harder time gripping it too.. another suggestion would be to start a sippy cup with handles.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Give her a sippy instead. I got rid of any bottles after they were 6 months and put them right on a sippy. If you are having trouble training her to hold a bottle now- might as well cut out the problem in the future and teach her to use a cup!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• HOLD YOUR BABY WHILE SHE EATS!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I dont mean she wont hold it at all. She holds it fine laying down. Its when she sits up....she wont lift it up to get anything.
    PureKrz21

Answer by PureKrz21 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009