Hi all, my 8yr old step daughter is sexually active,what can I do?I caught her teaching her 6year old sister to touch her private parts and on investigating the matter, I got more information that some one was doing this to her, a guard at our house while in hiding.

I first got to know about this when she was 5, liking to be around only males all the time,being touched in private parts,keeping it a big secret , when confronted she admitted but her behaviour has since changed, no interest in school any more, in 3rd yr. Furious for knowing that the guard whom she was involved with was terminated.Her Father and I are in great shock and need to know what more has happened to her. So far there has been admission from her about two men, one in his late 30's and the other possiblty in same age group. In great need of advice, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm not sure I read that correctly, did you say 8 year old?!?! I would be on a hunt to kill who ever touched her if I were you!!
    Anonymous

• First of all why aren't these men in jail and being prosecuted for statuory rape.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• get this child into couseling. why do u needs guards? i would get rid of all of them. get her to a dr and make sure she doesnt have anything.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• you meant 8 or 18? Guards? 30? relationships? what 8 yr old knows how to be involved?
    Anonymous

• I am a little confused about all this, being in hiding and a guard? Anyways it isn't really important that you tell us but makes it a little harder to understand the situation? Are you from the US? If you know who did this I sure hope you are going after him to charge him and I think you should change it from saying your 8 yr old is sexually active - she was abused and raped - that is different, I just think she is really confused and it sounds like you all have been in a very scary and confusing situation as a family having been in some sort of hiding... I really advise you to get her some psychiatric help and to really just be there for her, not sure what else you want to hear...
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You're talking about her being "involved" with a guard and "questioning" her behavior? SHE'S A LITTLE GIRL WHO'S BEING ABUSED, NOT "INVOLVED"! CALL THE POLICE! WHAT"S WRONG WITH YOU? ADVICE? FIND HER BETTER PARENTS!
    Anonymous

• 8 year olds are not sexually active- they get sexually abused and this poor child needs help not a mother who is apparently accusing her of having relationships when she is being abused! CALL THE POLICE AND REPORT THIS!
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with most of the other posters here. An 8 year old is not sexually active, you need to report this, find out who is abusing her and get her into to couseling ASAP.  I tried to help someone with many problems, one of which was her 10 year old had been sexually abused for years. Instead of getting her the help she needed, she gave the child to her ex in another state. That was several years ago, she's never tried to see her. I'm sure the child is better off.

LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 9:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'm so praying this is mis-posted and you meant 18, cause really. . . if you have to ASK what to do about a 30+ year old and an 8 year old you seriously lack in comon sense.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 10:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• First, report this to the police. Then, get her to a counselor. Do not let her out of your sight. Her safety must be a priority. Obviously, keep her from the six year old. This ? doesn't seem right. Hi all? Friendly, casual greeting for a very serious ? These children need a safe environment.
    Anonymous