Glucose test

My last appt. my ob gave me the orange drink and didnt really explain how im souppose to do it. I do remeber her saying drink it 30mins b4 my appt time. Are you allowed to eat that day do I need to drink it within that 30mins. Could someone help me out please. I dont want to do it wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i always did mine the earliest appt. which was like 8:30 and i wouldnt eat anything..or drink..i just wasnt hungry or thirsty..and i drank it within like 5 mins lol..it tastes like orange soda a lil..and that was it..but they also didnt tell me if i could eat or drink with it..but to be on the safe side iw ouldnt eat anything cuz it could mess up the test..
    vanessa23408

Answer by vanessa23408 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yes u can eat just dont eat no pastrys i had to do my as soon as i went in then i had to wait 1 1/2 hr to take the test
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• it should come with paper or instructions on the bottle
    but u take it 30 min before ur appt
    u need to drink it with in 10 min of when u started
    u need to tell the people at the frount desk when u took it so they can take the boold and hour after to drank the orange stuff
    u can only drink water after drinking it and u can not eat untell u have gotten ur blood drawen
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My dr told me what 19bubbles91 said
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• when I did my test they said I couldn't eat or drink anything after I drank down the orange stuff. . .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'm a lab tech, but each doctor requires you do it differently. I would call them and ask how they want you to do it. I do suggest you get it cold...tastes better going down!
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 11:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009