When can I test?

I am very new to all of this and I need help. My last period started on the 31st of december. My fiancee and I BD on the 14th, 15th, 16th, and 18th. When do you think is the soonest that I can take a hpt and get a positive. I took one tonight but it was negative :( But it is early isnt it?

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My doc says 50% at 5 days early but keep testing until you have your period! Best of luck!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• They say up to 5 days before missed period, but I could never get a test to read that early. Good Luck lots of baby dust!!
    Miranda926

Answer by Miranda926 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Personally, I'd save my money and wait till the day your period is due. You are supposed to be able to tell with those early detection tests, but I got um, 5 false negatives. I knew I was pregnant and didn't get a positive reading till the day my period was due.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 12:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2009