contractions -plz no bashing-

im 36 weeks
when u have contractions does ur whole tummy tightin up or just around and where the baby is cuz i am having contractions but the top of my tummy is not getting hard but there aint no baby or belly there (iv dropped)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have dropped you wouldn't feel it there. The contractions encompass the uterus. When the baby drops or engages the shape of your tummy will change.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I agree with the pp.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• A friend and I were talking about this just yesterday. With her baby (she had also dropped and was scheduled for a c-sec the next day) she had severe cramping way up high and right, wasn't sure what was going on. She said she could hardly breathe and it hurt a lot. Went in the following morning for her c-section and was asked if she knew she was having contractions. So she was having contractions and didn't think they were because baby was low. BTW she is a nurse so you would have thought she would have known. GOOD LUCK!!
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 11:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'm wondering the same thing! My girl has dropped and I feel like I have bh contractions, but the top left of my belly doesn't tense, but the top right, and everything under it does.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2009