HOW FAR ALONG? can a doctor be wrong..slightly long but easy to read i promise!!!!

wishful thinking...
about this pregnancy-my last period was in april, late april...BUT my doctor has based my gestation off of the scenario that i had my period in may, he did an ultrasound and was like...oh no you are not as far as you thought.....he said i concieved in june...but if i concieved in june...? why didnt i have a period in may!?
i was obviously pregnant in may if i didnt have a period!? right?
or am i just nuts!!!!???
as far as i know no period = pregnant.....right?
so the doc said that my ovulation was probably weird or something like that, he had no real explanation- but went ahead and based my due date as if i concieved in june WHICH I DIDNT, b/c i wouldve had my period in may if i did, i am very regular, and i knew i was pregnant before i got the pos. test.
so according to the doc, i am about 36 weeks, but i think i am more like around 38ish at least. i think the doc was wrong...doctors can be wrong right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah they can be wrong
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Doctor's can be wrong....but ultrasounds are usually pretty accurate when it comes to how far along the baby is measuring.
    Anonymous

• ultrasounds are pretty reliable when it comes to declaring due dates. It is possible to not have a period and not be pregnant, but I guess you will find out in about two weeks who was right!
    Anonymous

• Can be very wrong. We estimated my doctor was off by about 2 weeks as well. She always measured bigger, and he kept saying she was just "big".
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Doctors can be wrong. Additionally, every kid is different, and yours may be measuring a little small. Also, the "calculators" all assume you got pregnant right in the middle of your cycle, and every woman is different - not all get pregnant then - some ovulate during their periods.
    So anything is possible here.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 10:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• well this was at the very very begining of the pregnancy...they never updated it after that...even with my 'official' ultrasound, they didnt change it, plus i am lightening already, which i did do with my son unitl the very end.......but i know every pregnancy is different...
    Anonymous

• Doctors can be wrong, but they also use ultra sounds to see if the babys lungs are developed, and weather they are ready to come out or not. I would trust your doctor...It is his job to make sure you and your baby are safe
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 10:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Back in the day (my son is 15) of 2D ultrasounds they used to give a due date and say it could actually be 2 weeks either way- so yeah they can be wrong.
    Anonymous

• Yup They Can Be Wrong But There Could Have Been A Lot Of Reasons For You Missing Your Period In May.

FYI Dr Changed My Due Date Too So I Am TRYING To Be Impartial. I Had My LMP 7/16/08 And They Said It Had To Have Been Around 8/1/08 Because I "Conceived" Two Weeks Later YEAH RIGHT! I Think I Would Know :)
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 5:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009