2 yr old pooped on the floor...

So I am potty training my 2 1/2 year old, we have been doing big girl panties and she usually tells me when shes gotta go (pee & poop). Well tonight she pooped on the floor...I dunno why. I did'nt yell or punish her because I know this is going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong drawn out process. I did have her pick up the poop though. NOT WITH BARE HANDS- and no its not child abuse. I think though by telling her where the poop goes and why we poop in the potty she is starting to understand. We picked it up like I would doggie poo, with a plastic bag- than washed our hands. Do you think this was too harsh????? I am at my wits end with potty training. I want so bad for her to just get it already. I don't want her to grow up too fast but I am tired of diapers and potty training.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no you did great. my son pooped on the floor once and then got mad at me and threw it. dont worry i jumped outta the way lol boys r gross its official
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think what you did was perfect for the situation. It helps her learn where the poopie goes, and that if she does it again, she'll have to keep cleaning it up.

Good luck with the potty training! (A tip that worked for my mom with my brother: Buy her some big kid undies with her favourite character on them, and tell her if she wets her panties she'll drown the character. Worked wonders for him! )
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• thanks!
    Anonymous

• no you did the right thing
    krazymom2k03

Answer by krazymom2k03 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Just wanted to let you know I share your pain lol.I was feeding my 4mth old this morning,and my 2 yr old comes runnin in the living room with no diaper on.So i lay my baby down to go look for it and I find it on my bed with the poop dumped out beside it,purposely.I am completely ready to get this phase over!Just wanted to let you know your not alone
    BoutiqueMommy

Answer by BoutiqueMommy at 12:24 AM on Jan. 24, 2009