I am wondering how to lose weight by my hubby's leave in October without going overboard/being bulmic again?

Asked by thetrivetts at 5:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Well before i got pregnant i had lost 7 kilos in about 5/6 months. My suggestion is make subtle changes like for example with me i love coke so i switched to coke zero, loves my tea as well but i put those sugarfree tablets in it and fat free milk. Don't worry about weighing yourself all the time just when you think of it and write it down on a calender or in a diarry what you do weigh so you can go back. The trick is to do it slowly. Eat smaller portions more times a day also it helps your metabolism. Good luck.

Answer by lambchop1976 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• you need to pick up some healthy habits, like making eating fruits and veggies a priority, eliminating most sugary snacks, and exersizing. the best thing that helps me when i go on a health kick is to spend a little time after grocery shopping splitting up food into snack-sizes. like cleaning and cutting up veggies and putting them in sandwich baggies. when you want a snack, grab a baggie- no need to worry that it takes too much time everyday. planning is key- if you know what you are going to make for lunch and what your options are for snacks, it is less likely that you will graze and end up over-eating. don't think you have time to exersize? make time- spend even 10 minutes after dinner walking around the neighborhood or in your yard, play a game with the kids, anything that gets your heart pumping.

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• try Weight Watchers if you have the time and money to spend on meetings. i am following it at home right now b/c i cannot afford it, but i also have the materials from the past when i did pay. it teaches you how to eat healthy. its not a diet, but a lifestyle change. im not sure how much you want to loose by october but you could loose a sizable amount by then if you start soon. good luck!

Answer by AgentBrez at 5:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Burn more calories than what you take in.Work out a few days a week and eat more healthier.Eat more fruits and veggies as well as drink alot of water.

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would agree w/ the above answers, I have been there myself and that has worked for me. I work out 5 days a week, and watch what I eat. I even eat fat free frozen yogurt if I want a treat and it's great.

Answer by dez32 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008