anyone on the mirena for a while now (5 months) still having a heavy period for weeks at a time?

JaeleensMommy

Asked by JaeleensMommy at 10:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• i got mirena put in on the 6th of this month and a week and a half later i started bleeding..and i still am. it's been about 11 days now. it's between med & light flow. i havent called my dr yet..idk if i should..... lol.
    etiheidas

Answer by etiheidas at 10:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I THINK YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR DR. I HAVE HAD MINE FOR 16 MONTHS NOW. ONLY DID THE PERIOD THING THE FIRST 3 MONTHS, THEN OCCASIONAL SPOTTING SINCE THEN.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 10:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yep mine did that for the first 4 months, about 2 weeks each time. it faded away slowly and now ive had it for over a year. my normal period is about 3 days really light flow. give it some time but if it doesnt get better talk to your doctor, they can do an ultrasound to make sure everything is were its suppose to be
    learae

Answer by learae at 10:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• ive had the mirena for a year not the period, hah i just realized how not right that sounded
    learae

Answer by learae at 10:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Everyone's body is different. If you feel that something is wrong I would consult your physician. But most likely you are fine.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 11:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i had mirena in for about 2 months and i kept bleeding. my dr actually prescribed me some kinda medicine to make it stop. but i actually got it taken out bc i was miserable. mirena made me feel pregnant and extremely moody. i felt like a completely different person :(
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You could experience that for the first 6 months. If it hasn't subsided or lightened up I would definitely contact your doctor to see if maybe it was not placed correctly.
    lathena

Answer by lathena at 2:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009