How come my chihuahua is always humping winnie the pooh?

my son has a stuffed animal of winnie the pooh and our dog likes humping it for 2 hours straight in the morning, afternoon and night, why is that? is it because she really wants to have puppies, already or she just wants to have sex? shes not on her period yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pets

• Too much Taco Bell maybe? LOL
    Anonymous

• You know I had a dog growing up that did that. I just thought it was a crazy dog! But I guess it was his form of pleasure.
    Anonymous

• my grandparents weiner dog likes to hump and beaver hand puppet. its funny bc shes so long. anytime she sees that dang beaver-she goes at it. just so everyone knows-no we dont touch the beaver. lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It has nothing to do with sex or reproduction. You have an intact dog. But, being intact increases the dominance desire.

Dogs have a pack mentality whether they have a pack or not. The desire to be dominant is very strong in some dogs. The humping is a show of dominance.

If you ever watch a couple dogs meet for the first time, there is a lot of sniffing, then one dog will stiffen and put it's head over the other dog's shoulder. If that is questioned by the "receiving" dog, the "stiffening" dog will then attempt to mount the "receiving" dog. It's dog language for I'm over you - submit.

It doesn't matter if it's 2 males, 2 females, or a mix, or your leg, or a stuffed animal.

I have 3 dogs and my female rotti is by far the most dominant. Any time she thinks our boxer is getting out of line she does the head thing and then will try to jump on the boxer. All of my dogs are fixed.
    jojoba

Answer by jojoba at 5:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• well, she's not spayed. that's one reason. another is that humping is a dominance thing. correct training will help, if it bothers you so bad. if you don't care enough about her health to spay her, then keep any and all toys away from her when she goes into heat so that she's not getting blood all over them.
    Anonymous

• jojoba is absolutely correct!
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 9:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Interesting....I have a male mini doberman that does the exact same thing on a large stuffed penguin....only he is fixed! Not sure what his dilema is, but I just hid the penguin in the top of the closet, no more problems. ; )
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:04 PM on Jan. 26, 2009