I want a real Work at Home job!

One that doesn't cost anything and is like a real job. Something like Data Entry or something. The reason I say real job is because I'm sick of the scammers out there! I have a family to provide for and don't need someone just running off with the money that I barely have. Please can someone help me and tell me some ideas or tell me what you do. Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well my dear work from home jobs that are legit are VERY hard to find. If there were tons of them, everyone would be working from home. About 99% of data entry jobs are scams so be very careful with those. Most people that work hrom home have a home business but that will require an investment. I do have a list of companies that I got from the CNN website that hire people to work from home. I have no idea if the are hiring or not, I just know they are legit. I wish you luck! And a work from home job, if you can find one will not pay very much at all, it won't be like a job out of the home. But hey, somthing is better then nothing...right? Let me know if you want me to send you that list of companies.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I would tell you to start your own business.  Now, before you say anything.. let me explain.  It is far easier than you think.  What you can do is advertise yourself as a Data Entry Assistant.  Now, to further what I mean, look at www.stuffformoms.info.  There are not only ideas for businesses you can start, but if you look at Virtual Assisant, Errand Assistant and Advertising Service, you can see just how easy it is to start a business of your own.  You can even use them as ideas for your own website.  Also, if you look at the Freelance job links, those are jobs you can do as well... all while operating it as your own business.  Have fun and lots of luck to you.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Be careful of data entry jobs, most of them are scams and they will tell you they are going to send you free info...but once you get your free info, they want you to pay them in order for you to begin working. Most data entry jobs are jobs from companies or hospitals that allow telecommuters to work at home after working in the office and showing that they know how to do the job. I work from home for United Healthcare but I had to put in my time in the office for a year to prove that I was reliable, could do the job, and could do the work without any help at all whatsoever. I still can't have my son at home when i work since I work over the telephone selling insurance. I can't have background noise. I wish you luck and hope that you find something you love.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 1:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• http://cashcrate.com/460460

I fill out surveys and make easy money it is no scam! Its great! The more ppl you refer the better the money is. I fill out a survey here and there but I make the most money off my referals. Everytime a referal gets to $10 you get a bonus on top of that you get a 20 percent of everything they make! You recieve a dollar for just doing your information! Good luck
    ams7572

Answer by ams7572 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Here are some sites below that I know are legit but I don't know if they are hiring.

www.youdictate.com
    www.convergysworkathome,com
    www.liveopps.com
    www.typeascan.com
    www.diondatasoutions.net/opportunities
    www.axiondata.com

Another one is Elance.com. That is were I got a "job" before I got my home based business up and running. You can put your resume on there and bid for jobs that are open. A lot of competition though.

If you are looking for your own home based business, that is when there is a start up cost. It all depends if you want a job or a business.

Best of luck to you!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• How about selling the best candles ever? It's free and there are no quotas to meet. I started making money the first day I signed up. These candles sell themselves! I can having you up and running today for free. PM me and I can help you out.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My name is Fran, I work with a bed and bath company as a independent distributor. I host bed and bath parties. I only host parties on Saturday's and make great money. Working with The Bed and Bath Collection.com is an exciting and fun way to make a very good living. Your job as an independent distributor will be to host home parties and encourage your family, friends, and customers to host parties too. You will earn 10% commission on every item you sell, and 5% commission from every party that someone host for you. You don't have to stock any inventory, The company will drop ship orders directly to your customers. As an incentive this company gives away All-Inclusive Round Trip Packages to their independent distributor's. This is truly a great company to work with. For more info go to www.thebedandbathcollection.com and click on Become a Bed and Bath Ensembles Distributor and Earn Extra Money.
    Franniegirl

Answer by Franniegirl at 8:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If you want a career that would allow you to work from home I can help you. I went to one of the top medical transcription schools accroding to employers. I think if you are interested in data entry you would like this fiel check it out. I can get you a huge discount if you end up enrolling this month.
    Also, I know home businesses are scary but there are some...the ones that end up being legit...they don't require a lot of money to get started and as scary as it is it is an investment. I second being careful about data entry jobs I got burned on one. Things like medical transcription and virtual assistant jobs seem to be safer. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way.
    Mimi2mommy

Answer by Mimi2mommy at 12:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• - Set your financial goals -- Are you just looking for extra income or a potential full-time income? How long (and hard) are you willing to work to meet your goal?

- Determine if you are looking for a JOB or a BUSINESS -- there is a distinct difference between the two and you want to focus your energies appropriately for the best results.

- If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses). I recommend checking out the Telecommuting Moms folder here at WAHM.com for leads on home JOBS. I also have some resources for freelance work and telecommuting jobs on my Work From Home site.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Anyone looking for a legit work from home opportunity here it is: AMERIPLAN. I was introduced to this company by a cafe mom in November and my life has changed for the best. This is a very rewarding opportunity and awesome benefits for you and your family! Check out the site below and if you're interested let me know and I'll help you through the steps to success!!!!

www.myhomebusinesspays.com/tmast
    -Traci Mast
    TMast@Ameriplan.net
    Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009