Have you ever had an abortion? Do you think it was the best choice for you - why or why not?

Have you ever had an abortion? You can be ANON - please share your thoughts after the event - thanks and (hugs)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, and I regret it. It's horrifying. That was 22 yrs ago and I have never been able to have children. I miss my baby and am so sorry I did that to him/her. There is a place for women who need help to recover from the trauma. I've looked it up several times but haven't went for the retreat yet. Look up www.rachelsvineyard.org.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No. I had an inconvenient pregnancy and she is nine now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yes I had one after my son was about 7 months old. Worst mistake of my life. It was almost a year ago. I am not sure why I did it considering I knew it was going to be a baby! If you are thinking of getting one change your mind! Seriously. I wish I could go back.
    Anonymous

• yes I had one too I was only 16 years old and if I could go back I wouldnt have done it even with being so young. I think about it all the time to this day and im 22
    Anonymous

• Thanks for sharing (((HUGS)))
    Anonymous

• Honestly yes. If i could change it i would. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. =(
    Anonymous

• I had one when I was 16 too! I feel really bad about it, but I wouldn't change it! It was the right thing to do at the time.
    Anonymous

• I had one when I was 20 and then again when I was 22. How stupid was I? Omg, after the first one I swore if I got pregnant again before I was married I would never have an abortion. But I went to Planned Parenthood both times for my pregnancy test and that's the counseling I got. 'Have an abortion if you don't think you want a child.' Great. There's not a day that goes by that I don't regret it. It's a terrible thing to go through emotionally.

(cont)

Anonymous

• (cont)

I did happen to get pregnant a year before my dh and I were going to get married and I never even considered going to planned parenthood. I went to Birthright and they gave me a list of doctors that accept patients with no insurance. They gave me info on Medicaid and WIC and all that stuff. I found a great OB who not only delivered that child, but my other 3 as well. My 4 beautiful children will never replace the 2 I aborted, but I appreciate my kids even more because of my experience I think.
    Anonymous

• Yes I had one and no I don't regret it. It was and still is the right choice for me & my family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 24, 2009